Current Available Positions:
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical and surgical terminology and procedures; ability to organize information
- Accurately obtains all patient demographic, insurance and HIPAA information
- Monitors arrival of patients and communicates any cancellations, delays, or other problems to the facility’s Management Team and Anesthesia Department as they arise
- Collects co-pay and deductible payments from patients on date of service; issues receipts accordingly
- Collects routine payments from walk-in patients; issues receipts accordingly;
- Prepares bank deposit daily for funds received at the Front Desk; reconciles to Over-the-Counter Log and receipt book, and forwards to Insurance Coordinator.
- Notifies patients of any changes in arrival time should surgery times change due to delays, cancellations, etc.
- Notifies appropriate facility management, staff members, and Anesthesia Department of any unusual circumstances regarding current day’s schedule;
- Answers telephone and directs calls to appropriate area within the facility;
- Assists physicians in escorting family members to a conference room for post-operative update;
- Performs other duties as needed to ensure the safety and comfort of all customers as well as the efficient operation of the facility;
- Orders physician and staff lunches on a daily basis;
- Assists Administrative Assistant with various projects as needed;
- Notifies Administrative Assistant of repairs/maintenance needed to ensure the safety and comfort of patients.