Kids are Special
At The Surgery Center we meet the special needs of children by creating a relaxed, comfortable environment.
- We encourage parents to discuss the surgery with their child beforehand to help alleviate unnecessary stress. Parents are able to stay with their child in the pre-operative area until the child is taken to the operating room.
- We encourage children to bring comfort items such as a favorite toy, blanket or cup. Please bring a bottle and formula for your infant. Juice and popsicles are provided for older children.
- For the safety of the child, he/she will receive one-on-one nursing care until fully awake and transported to a private discharge room. You will be able to rejoin your child in the private discharge room.
- Your child will need your full attention following surgery; therefore, we ask that you do not bring other children with you.
- Only two visitors at a time are allowed with the child before and after surgery. We reserve the right to limit to one parent/guardian in the event of governmental health orders.
- Please follow all directions for medications prescribed by your physician.
- For the comfort of your child during cooler temperatures, please bring a jacket and / or blanket for the ride home.
- On the drive home, we recommend that one adult drives while another cares for the child.